About Toneka (she/her/hers)
All the responsibilities and expectations you juggle on a daily basis are beginning to take a toll. But having a place to heal, reset, exhale, process…wait, does a place like that really exist? It does and I’m glad you’ve arrived.
Your Safe Space Awaits….
You’re likely here because….
- You’ve been grinding, working, hustling for so long that you don't remember the last time you didn’t feel stressed out
- You are in constant ‘achieve mode’ and feel like no matter how much you do, you always find more things to ‘achieve'
- You find yourself unable to stop all the racing thoughts when you lay your head on your pillow at night
- You’re exhausted from having to be the right kind of Black woman at work
- You secretly feel guilty for feeling unfulfilled despite all of your accomplishments
- You keep waiting to feel different but you don’t
- You feel perpetually sad, tired, or frustrated and you don’t know why
If any of the above sounds like you, you’re in the right place. Take a deep breath and know that you’re not alone. I can help.
Who I AM
I’m Toneka Etienne. I’m a pre-licensed therapist who is passionate about working with high achieving women of color who are in need of a safe space to process, heal, and overcome challenges in their life. I work with women who are struggling with anxiety, depression, life transitions, and interpersonal relationship difficulties. It’s my mission to help you find new ways to handle stress and conflict, manage the important relationships in your life, all while prioritizing yourself in the process.
I’ve worked in the field of mental health for over 15 years, having a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology. Before working in private practice, I spent the majority of my career working with students of all ages in the educational setting. I’ve done this while being a wife, mother, student, daughter, and friend. I know firsthand the immense amount of pressure life can bring as we struggle to be and do all the things for the important people in our lives.
I’m here to support women of color as you navigate the many complexities and challenges of this life. I want to create a safe space to allow you to be vulnerable so you can do your own healing work.
How I Work
I offer an eclectic therapeutic approach that provides a person-centered, present focused environment to assist you in developing personal coping strategies, values, and skills to assist you in confronting current challenges.
Let the healing work begin...
Toneka is available for individual therapy appointments on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Toneka provides sliding scale therapy options at a reduced rate of $80 per session. Self-pay clients only. Toneka's services are not eligible for insurance reimbursement.
Toneka is under the direction of Rayvene Whatley, LPC
and under supervision with Ruby Blow, LPC.